Search engine optimization is the future of online dominance. It is literally impossible to keep your head above the water if you cannot claim your place on the search engine results pages. Many professionals have been coming into the industry to figure out what it is about SEO that gives it such a high profile.
For a long time, men have been the dominant species on the SEO landscape, but this is fast changing because some brave women have broken the ice and launched their businesses in the SEO industry. Below is a discussion of some of these profound women who have left their footprints and made an impact in the SEO field.
Anita Cohen Williams
There is nothing as difficult and tough as being an online entrepreneur. This is because your competition is not only local, but also international. The online space has no boundary and anyone can beat you in your game if you are not competent enough. Anita is a social media manager, an organic SEO specialist as well as a blogger.
Software engineering and semantic SEO is not a field that is for the fainthearted. It takes courage, determination and the knowledge base to make it in this space. Barbara has cracked the code and made her name as a semantic strategist who offers consulting services in SEO.
Convincing known brands and top clients to enlist your services as a marketer and an SEO professional is not an easy task. However, Carolyn has managed to venture into competitive and somewhat rough waters as a marketing professional and a top multilingual SEO.
Keyword research and optimization is an integral part in the process of crafting a winning SEO strategy. The main challenge lies in picking the right keywords and phrases to help in powering your content strategy. Casie Gillette, a search marketing professional has been doing that for a number of years now and she is not looking back.
Claudia A. Bruemmer
Content is the king of the web. You can hardly win the crowd if your content is not properly written and edited for your audience consumption. This is what Claudia has been doing for over 10 years now. As an online writer and editor, she has lots of published articles which appear in prominent sites.
Danna is one of the outstanding women who have made a name for themselves in the search engine optimization field. As a matter of fact, she came into SEO before it became the organized discipline it is today. She has high digital expertise acquired over time in this male dominated field.
Debra understands the jargon behind linking structures and ranking of sites pretty well. In 2011, she was voted among the top SEO women and in 2009, she made it to position 17 in the category of the top 100 most influential marketers of 2009.
Search Engine Land is one of the reputable online companies in the field of search engine optimization. It has transformed the way SEO is done by coming up with workable formulas, guides, and periodic table of SEO success. Elisabeth is a Director of Audience Development at Search Engine Land. She also assists in programming Search Marketing Expo conferences at Third Door Media.
Gabriella loves everything about social, marketing, SEO, and starting revolutions. She is a renowned international SEO consultant who has played a key role in enhancing brand visibility and recognition for huge brands online.
Digital PR is the future of brand building and Gisele has positioned herself in this field. She has a thorough and well-cultivated background in social media management and SEO. Her skills in building relationships with bloggers, journalists, publishers, and large media groups have given her the networking support necessary for excellence.
Starting a Successful SEO Business
Having seen other women succeed in the field of SEO, you may be wondering how you can possibly start your own SEO company. Below are some steps that can guide you in this endeavor.
- Learn SEO Skills including keyword identification and analysis, writing quality content, writing quality title tags and meta description as well as build your programming and webmaster skills.
- Consider internship or apprentice even if it is for free or paying little, your goal is to learn hands on skills on how to get the SEO job done.
- Take some business courses to help you in learning your own business. Some of the skills you need include tax preparation, book keeping, business plan writing, and financial management.
- Create a brand identity by coming up with a name, logo and description. This is important in marketing your business locally and online.
- Have a clear list of services that you provide and package them so that clients can easily check them out and have an idea before contacting you.
- You should have a website where you showcase what you do as well as give you visibility. A blog to provide information, free guides and other enticements to win clients over is also a great idea.
Are you a woman and have made it in SEO? Share your story with us.