Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is a software designed to streamline data into one accessible area. ERP software allows all departments of a company to retrieve data from anywhere at any time. Cloud-based ERP especially is a valuable asset and has grown rapidly in recent years because of the additional benefits. Among several other advantages, here are 7 major benefits to using ERP software for your business:
1. Improved Productivity: With all necessary data available to each department of your business, employees can work quicker and more efficiently. ERP saves employees the time and hassle of contacting others to find the information they need to continue their jobs. Reporting becomes a much simpler task with the easily accessible data, without requiring help from other departments. Employees will have data that is on-hand and can be confident the information is up-to-date. Ultimately, businesses can see an increase in their bottom line through the proper implementation of this software.
2. Enhanced Cooperation: Businesses work best when all the cogs mesh together and form a well-oiled machine. With ERP software, your company takes a step towards that goal. Each department and employee can work better together when all the essential data is one location for everyone to access. It removes the hassle of distracting personnel from their primary tasks to retrieve and send information to others that could be available with this software.
3. Decrease in Costs: This is a highly attractive reason for any business owner to consider just about anything. ERP software will prevent individual departments from needing to pay for other data organization systems. The investment to compile the company’s data into a single area will pay itself off quickly, and the return can be dramatic.
4. Customer Service: ERP has been known to increase client satisfaction with a business significantly. This buyer approval comes as a result of the customer service team having access to all relevant information about purchasers and their buying history. This streamlined process allows your business to answer the questions of customers more accurately and faster, improving relations with your clientele.
5. Reduction in Manual Labor: Data entry is a crucial yet tedious task that can eat away at your employees’ time. Reducing the manual labor necessary to keep records and information current will save man hours and money. Workers will be allowed to focus on more meaningful aspects of the business, promoting high employee morale, productivity, and efficiency in the office.
6. Security: Not only does ERP make data accessible and congregated, but also it keeps information secure. You can trust that information is only retrieved by those authorized to obtain it and keep valuable information tucked away that should only be available to a select few.
7. The Big Picture: Overall, ERP software improves the company’s long-term goals. Having data compiled in one area allows those driving the business to make the best possible decisions for the company’s future. Decision making and business insights are improved, along with the welfare of the enterprise. Not only does it help owners see the overall view, but also employees, who can then work accordingly to improve the company’s status. Financial planning, business operations, among many other facets will experience progress with the enactment of ERP software, directing your business along the best possible path.
This article was originally published on BiTS. BiTS is a global network of experts and professionals headquartered in Singapore as Business IT Systems. They are dedicated to empowering small and medium businesses to realise their full potential through enterprise technologies in South-East Asia.